Saturday, July 19, 2008

Looks like I must be in the front row!

Here I am with my buddy, Jakob Dylan at the Wallflowers concert last night at Pacific Amphitheatre. SERIOUSLY--COULD I BE ANY HAPPIER??
Yes, we are in the front row. At the stage. And we didn't even buy tickets this time!!
I KNOW! LIFE IS GOOD!


Jakob and I actually "had a moment"--
he looked right at me, smiled and winked!
And did I get some GREAT pictures of him!!
Late yesterday afternoon my friend Carl and I decided we'd just head over to the Fairgrounds and see if we could get some tickets to the Wallflowers/Train concert. As he said, "If we don't get in, we can always just Funnel cake it." (It was a win-win for me!) As I walked toward the Amphitheatre, a man in the parking lot said, "Do you want a couple of tickets to the concert tonight?"
I said, "Sure! How much?"
He said, "No, I can't use them...they're YOURS if you want them!"
We actually never even went to those seats...and there was quite an 'evolution' of views leading up to the front row. I was having a great time and loving every minute from each of these seats. But...we decided to keep heading closer to the stage. To the point that we were climbing over chairs...and into the second row...And then we decided to go one more.
We were LITERALLY at the stage!
And to think....we didn't even buy tickets to the show...
Train opened up the show and were GREAT!
But, for some reason, I don't think their performance is what I am going to remember most about this night.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I love Train!
Oh, and "One Headlight"

Eliane said...

How fun!!!!

Brent said...

I was going to say "I love Train!" but Allison stole it. How rude.

I can't believe I didn't know about this!