Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Alone again, (un) naturally...

My friend, Eliane, has been staying with me for the last eight days. It's been a long time since I have "lived" with anyone! Here are a few thoughts--the bad and good things about having someone in the house again.
THE BAD
  1. Sharing the pot of coffee.
  2. Having to talk to someone in the morning.
  3. There's someone eating my bananas and drinking my milk.
  4. There's someone at the house when I get home from work.
  5. There's someone who wants to know what 'the dinner plan' is.
THE GOOD
  1. Sharing a good cup of coffee.
  2. Having someone to talk to in the morning.
  3. There's someone buying my bananas and milk.
  4. There's someone at the house when I get home from work.
  5. There's someone to make a dinner plan with.
Eliane flies back to Ohio tomorrow afternoon--(home to Jerry, the love of her life.)
Me? Well...I do like drinking the whole pot of coffee...
Other than that...being alone is seriously over-rated.

4 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

I totally agree with both sides.

dark chocolate said...

It looks like I just missed Eliane, well when you speak to her again ask her "How's her FERN". Nice ride, please no speeding. I do agree with you regarding living with someone.

Allison said...

I love living alone...but I love having sleep-overs, too!

Eliane said...

Oh Juju!!!! I already miss you. I enjoyed being with you and thank you for sharing your gorgeous home with me.