Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sweet dreams are made of these...

I have made a deal with myself: I am only allowed to eat Croissants (and any other kind of pastry) if I am in a foreign country. Dear God, the croissants in Belgium and Vienna and Paris are so damn good! Of course at 25 to 30 grams of fat and a stick of butter each, they better be.
If you are able to enjoy a croissant in the USA--without worrying about it--you are lucky.
Of course if you are able to say that you have enjoyed a warm, flaky croissant with fresh strawberry jam at a little bistro in Paris...you are really lucky.
That would be me. On multiple occasions.
No complaints.
This is the stuff that dreams are really made of.

4 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Good song and blog!

Suefalla said...

I love croissants!! My favorite are the croissants I had in corsica and france. Switzerland has really good one's too! American croissants don't come even close to compare so it is easy for me to stay away from them... but once I'm in Europe I can't stop myself!

Allison said...

You love food...
I do too.
No wonder neither of us were very good at Jenny Craig!

Eliane said...

I love croissants....Had some in the US & Canada.
I will be blogging about eating a croissant in Paris one day!