Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fight Club (NOT!)


While talking at lunch today someone asked me if, when I was married, my husband and I fought a lot.
I had to tell them the truth.
We didn't fight at all. There may have been a few minor disagreements over the years, but never any yelling or fighting. Never.


And, to be very truthful, I can't remember ever having been in a fight--with anyone--in my life. I have no problem standing up for myself and discussing things, but I don't think I have ever encountered a situation worth yelling or fighting about. I don't think I ever really even get mad. I just try to find a solution.
Is that weird?

5 comments:

Allison said...

You didn't fight because when you disagreed, you just stopped speaking to each other.

Julie Hibbard said...

True.
But I still have never been in a fight with anyone else either.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I would rather just fight and get it all out then hold it in and ignore the person. But everyone is different.

Eliane said...

Not sure if it’s weird or not? When someone is in my face yelling, getting mad, bulling me and calling me name. That is a fight…I can leave the room or using my little calming voice or better...just turn the other cheek. I will talk and discuss things just like you and fighting is unnecessary…… but I have my limits and will defend myself. If the only way for the other one to hear me is yelling ….. I might just do it.
Disagreements and discussions are much better.

Gina Vistaunet said...

Mike and I never fought either. Wait, we never talked, so how could we fight. Wait, he never came home to talk or fight..... but when he did, I was a yeller AND I kicked him a few times. Ok, a lot of times.

For the record, I have never yelled at Greg nor have I kicked him.