Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm afraid I don't have an answer!


Today I filled out the application to be part of the Kenya Mission Trip. I had no problem answering the basic questions --mostly about when I became a Christian and my overall ministry experience. I had no trouble writing about how I deal with conflict and authority and I wrote a whole paragraph about what I believe to be my strengths.
But then one question 'got' me:

"What are your areas of difficulty or weakness?"


I watched that blinking cursor for 15 minutes...and thought and thought and thought.
I'm not afraid of anything. Nothing. (Though the picture above freaks me out.) I am strong and independent and can figure out how to do anything that needs to be done. Anything.
I kept thinking.
Area of difficulty? Staying away from Target?
Weakness? Baked goods?

Seriously, I could not think of a thing.
I left it blank.

...perhaps my only area of difficulty is admitting my weaknesses.

7 comments:

TSHarrison said...

there's always the old stand-by:
- "i care too much"

Allison said...

I think I put something about cleaning...

Sarah said...

Mine...I'm too much of a perfectionist and go a little nuts when things arne't just so.

And Target.

Elyse said...

Staying away from Target is soooo my weakness :)

Heather McTaggart said...

Target is my weakness but so is Kriklands, Old Navy, Ebay...shopping?

Anonymous said...

I have more weaknesses than a starved alley cat.

Ange said...

You should put down:
My weakness is trying to find things wrong with myself that I consider a weakness.

then just put down that you're a perfectionist. Good answer for any application.