Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mother and Child reunion...

Today, after work I attended the 50th anniversary of St. Catherine's School--where I attended first through eighth grade. St. Catherine's also happens to be across the street from Montage! My sister Gina, my mom and dad and our long-time friend Bill(y) Van Duyne met me there. And what a wonderful treat it was...My mom, Pat Hobbs, me, Billy and Gina.
Mrs. Hobbs was our school bus driver--FOREVER!
Of course, she was also the librarian. I think there were about 10 books in that library. I remember reading Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach about 10 times each. Oh, and ALL the Henry Huggins books too. Loved those.
Our mom was room mother, hamburger mom, and drove to every single field trip we had...from Japanese Village & Deer Park to Disneyland and Lion Country Safari...

Gina and long-lost friend, Mike in their first grade classroom!

The school is scheduled for demolition and complete re-building beginning in June.
We figured we needed a few pictures before it all becomes just a memory...
The lady in the middle is Sister Florence...the principal of St. Catherine's for TWENTY EIGHT YEARS! The other woman is Sister Mary. She was Leesa and Sarah's first grade teacher.
Sister Carol was my sixth grade math teacher.
She was SO happy that I remembered her!
Sister Florence said to Mike, "I remember giving you LOTS of detentions!"
Oh, Mike remembered it too...

From the archives...Billy on his confirmation day
My first communion picture.
I am third row from the top, first on the left.
Yeah, the one 'peering over' the other girl's crown.
Amazing.
My parents had a BLAST running into OTHER parents whose kids went to school with us!
The afternoon was filled with HILARIOUS memories. Of course, I could name every single person in my class, each teacher I ever had, as well as the gym teachers, the secretaries and the janitors.
Anyone else remember SRA?
So fun to reminisce and laugh about all the old times with people who have the same memories!
Love being so close to my family and to so many good friends.
Love being able to literally walk across the street and be right back in the JOY of how great all those years really were.
Loved this day...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... Is Mike single? He's very handsome.

Chris T (alanna's mom) said...

SRA Science-Reading -Arithmetic???....wow...is that the learning program that you used cards of some type? I kind of remember it being something like that! Wow that brings back memories...

Eliane said...

So glad you had a good time. I know how much you were looking forward to that reunion.
I like that you try to never miss a thing!

Gina Vistaunet said...

You are the best title picker.