Tuesday, April 8, 2008

As good as it gets

So here I sit tonight...I made myself some cinnamon banana pancakes--which are best served with Italian beer--and I'm watching the Dodger game.
Oh yeah, I'm in my jammies wrapped up in a Christmas blanket.
I look super attractive.
This afternoon I ventured out long enough to go see "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" and cried through most of it. Nope, it's not even sad. I swear I just walk into a movie theater these day and begin to cry. This one made me sob out loud. SOMETHING in every movie makes me tear up these days. Sue me.
And I stopped to buy myself some flowers on the way home. Unprovoked, the checker at Trader Joe's said, "Shouldn't someone else be buying flowers for you?"
Thanks Trevor.
That's when I decided to come home and drown myself in pancakes and beer.
And so here I sit--sucking down the last of the brew and watching baseball in my jammies.
And, I gotta admit...it's not half bad.

8 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

F'ing Trevor. I'm not sure about panclarks and beer. Something I need to try.

Heather McTaggart said...

Ok...so many comments on this one

1. LOVE the view from the couch!
2. LOVE the room with the view from the couch!
3. LOVE the meal...pancakes is one of my fav blogs you post EVER!
4. I LOVE that you cried in the movie...next time I will go with you and bring the tissues! ALL WOMEN NEED A GOOD CRY ONCE AND A WHILE!
5. I LOVE that you stopped at Trader's to buy these beautiful flowers for yourself!
6. Trevor meant well, I am SURE he did! I KNOW he saw the beauty in Julie Hibbard that we ALL see!
7. I promise to watch/go and TRY to follow along in a baseball game with you this year!
8. DON'T KILL ME...but I had tickets offered to me for tonights game AND I couldn't go and I didn't take them...BUT I WISH I WOULD HAVE TO GIVE THEM TO YOU! FORGIVE ME! SO SORRY!
9. YOUR GREAT
#10! YOU ARE AWESOME AND AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz! Okay so I'm having a beer and ribs! Cheering on my D-backs.You are so right this is as good as it gets!!! You are so cute I love your blogs. Sherri Marie

Allison said...

Minus the baseball and the cinnamon, I'm in...

TSHarrison said...

I agree with Heather - I'm sure I meant well. Although I don't recall saying it. Or working Trader Joes.

Pancakes and beer - perfect.

But here's to having someone else buy you flowers.

Eliane said...

Oh Julie! what a great night! Seeing this fabulous room makes me miss being with you so much. Never stop buying yourself flowers....No matter what. You are healthy,independent and stonger than ever....You can do alone and there is no drama!
Way to go Juju!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Sorry for your bummer day...you bought your own flowers AND the Dodgers lost...but pancakes looked nice...one for three ain't bad...(in baseball)

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

Nope you could make it better...if I was sitting on the couch next to you and we laughed during commercials...but only during commercials, baseball should be taken seriously!