Thursday, April 5, 2007

Orange County Memories

I was born in the city of Orange and grew up in El Toro--aka Lake Forest--in a home my folks bought for $18,900. I have always lived within 10 miles of that house and have AMAZING memories of literally watching Orange County grow up around me! Unfortunately, a lot of my memories are from places that no longer exist...today I wondered who else might have recollections of these places...
I would LOVE to hear from anyone who remembers:
*Japanese Village and Deer Park
*Old McDonald's Farm
*Lion Country Safari
*Paulo and Hiway 39 Drive-Ins
*Santa's Village
*Cinedome 20/21



I went on school field trips and family outings to these places SO many times as I was growing up. Did you?









6 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally remember Lions Country Safari. We went there with my cousins and a giraffe licked out windshield!

As for Santa's Villiage...my parents never took me. sniff, sniff.

Andrew said...

didn't wild rivers take over the land that lion country was on?

Brent said...

Sorry. No clue.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I may be old but I remember taking you and your sisters to all those places...Mom too...

Allison said...

That's funny...my memories of "old El Toro" consist of:

* The Taco Bell by Bum's house
* K-Mart on El Toro
* The giant bird cages outside of 123-456
* Alpha-Beta
* The Bike Shop (where Peeley worked)
* Laguna Hills Mall...before it sucked

annie said...

I remember Lion Country... but only becasue the sign is right outsdie Wildrivers, and I went there ALL the time when I was little.