Friday, April 27, 2007

"Minus 20 party"

With my beautiful daughter, Allison.
Tonight was Josh Peters' 26th birthday and he threw himself a "Minus 20" party asking everyone to dress as if they were 20 years younger. While some came with diapers on and some with pigtails and knee socks, I had spent the day thinking about what I would wear to look like I was 13. Yeah, then I realized that 20 years ago I was NOT 13, but 23.
SURPRISE EYES!! Josh and I were both on Crave staff at Saddleback.
We could hardly wait to have a beer together tonight...
Allison and me and Allison and Josh...I knew most of the people at the party from my time working with the college ministry. I didn't stay too long tonight, though I do feel so comfortable with all of them...they are all so full of energy and life and hope!
I sure don't feel "plus 20" to any of them...

And, 20 years from now, they will have realized that you never feel any different.

2 comments:

Insured Asset Solutions said...

Great photos!

Alanna Moine said...

i'm sad i only saw you through rolled down windows. Thanks for the parking spot. AND the BTS!!!

I definitely had some BTS the second I walked in the door!