Monday, April 9, 2007

It's time for Dodger Baseball!

Ya have to stand up, stretch a little and sing this one with me...
"Take me out to the ball game---take me out with my Dad.
Buy me a hot dog and garlic fries---
I don't care how much FAT there in lies!
We did root root root for the Dodgers---
they didn't win---quite a shame!
There was FUN, BLUE, GEE life is good--
Dodgers Opening Day!!"

Pre-game ceremonies included a concert by Taylor Swift (she sang the National Anthem as well), presentations by the Boy Scouts of America and Little Leagues of Los Angeles, a tribute to those who have served and are currently serving our country AND the first pitch was thrown out by Steve Sax. (Who is still quite good looking.) 56,000 people in attendance...almost all of them in Dodger garb of some sort! We had GREAT seats in the first row of the third section up.
The weather was fantastic, the company delightful, the food was delicious...then there's the smell of the grass, the crack of the bat...It's truly one of the best ways to spend a day!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can almost smell the field from here. I am glad that you had a great time with your dad. My parents come this weekend to go to opening day for the Las Vegas 51s...it's not Dodger Staduim --there's no Dodger dogs, french frys in cups, or palm trees in the outfield--but it will do.

Is it weird that when I was driving home tonight I got teary eyed as I passed the baseball field and saw kids playing little league games under the lights?

Insured Asset Solutions said...

Lucky...I like Taylor Swift. Is that a real flag?

PETE Di LALLO said...

Being at Dodger Stadium with Julie beats the heck out of working on Mondays...
the day was perfect until we got off the freeway at Stadium Way...it was only 11:00AM but traffic was awful...when we got into the parking lot it was fairly easy to find a space but after the game it took about an hour to get out...
even so spending the day with Julie was wonderful and I hope we can do it again...maybe at Angel Stadium...
Taylor Swift??? Is that the best they could find in L.A.?
Garlic fries!!!YUM!!!

Randy said...

The only thing that would make this better is if it was an Angels game and you were wearing Red! :-) Obviously you forgot that God chose the Angels as His team... Satan... the dodgers and yankees.