Monday, December 18, 2006

Two great days!



On Sunday afternoon, we had a big Christmas family reunion at my parents' house. The above picture is my cousin Robin, me, my cousin Laura, my sister Gina, my cousin Tina, my sister Sarah and my sister Debra (my sister Leesa lives in San Mateo and could not make it, having just been down for Thanksgiving)...we literally all grew up together, but had not seen each other for several years...aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, neices, nephews (even Allison and Matt!)...SO much fun to be together with people who share the same family and so many of the same memories!
After the party, Sarah's daughter, Sunny came home with me! She lives in Hawaii now, so it was a special treat for both of us! She took a long, bubble-filled bath, then we cuddled on the couch and watched Charlotte's Web. Once we got into my bed, we talked for a long long time. Sunny is almost 7, so we definitely did not lack for conversation! She is hilarious and really loved snuggling with me on my big feather bed! (Gotta tell ya tho, I had a bit of a rough night once she fell asleep...Sunny is a blanket kicker-offer, quite the bed-hog...and a total SNORER!!)
But oh was it so special to wake up to her sweet little face on the pillow next to me...
We got up, got dressed and went to Coco's for a GIANT cinnamon roll. Then we headed to the mall to do what we had really set out to do--see Santa! Sunny desperately needed to let him know that she was not going to be at her home in Hawaii on Christmas and wondered if he could please bring her presents to her Grandma and Grandpa's house. Santa said he was totally able to do that! As we walked away, Sunny said, "I hate to tell you this Juju, but I don't think that was the real Santa..."
After our visit with the 19 year old fake Santa, we shared a pretzel and went to see the NEW Charlotte's Web movie. It is SOOO good. We both laughed out loud and really enjoyed it (til Sunny made fun of me for crying when Charlotte died...)
As if all of that was not enough, I just got home from our Montage Sales and Conference Services Team dinner party at Salt Creek Grill. I had the most DELICIOUS double pork chop ever and an amazing chocolate souffle. AND I ended up with "1001 Movies to See before you Die" book as my exchange gift!!
Seriously, these last two days have been so great...
And there's still six more days til Christmas...
Life is good.

1 comment:

Matt Jensen said...

That is a horrible looking Santa.