Thursday, December 14, 2006

Eiffel Tower Moments...


I have had several people ask me what it means when I say that I am "anticipating many more Eiffel Tower Moments"...
You probably know EXACTLY what I am talking about, you either call it something different, or have never put a name to it...
Of course, I made up the term, but here is what I mean when I say it.


Eiffel Tower Moments-
1. Something you’ve dreamed of all your life…
2. Something you wish would never end…
3. Something you will remember forever…

It's the feeling I had when I was looking at the Eiffel Tower, something I had dreamed of for years and years…I wanted to just stand there and look and soak it in and FEEL it and hold onto that feeling for as long as possible.
I will never ever forget that feeling…OR THE EIFFEL TOWER--ever. It was magnificent…

Since then, I have used the term “Eiffel Tower moment”—but it is reserved for the rarest and most valuable of experiences…

It is an uncommon and exceptional feeling of intense joy combined with literal breathlessness… the feeling of being TRULY overwhelmed with emotional pleasure…when you can actually feel your heart beating with genuine happiness…tears well up in your eyes…it’s a situation that is ‘all you ever dreamed of’…actually, even MORE than you ever dreamed it would be…

There have only been a couple of other times when I was SO very happy
...so EXACTLY where I wanted to be…
I hold on tight to the sweet memories of those times, my Eiffel Tower moments...
Eagerly anticipating another...

4 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

as long as they aren't Ahhh Ha moments, I'm good with it.

Cathi said...

I like it. I may have to name mine something different since I have never been to the Eifel Tower. Maybe something like "Freedom from Saddleback" moments. Just kidding (or not...really.)

Leigh Sarti said...

I just thought it was a big piece of metal, that occasionaly helped you out if you were lost and need to find a reference point. I guess I was wrong!
Magnifique...

Unknown said...

"Eifel Tower Moment" is a much better phrase than "Pitti Palace Moment". I feel like I had one as soon as I saw your picture. I'm going to be there! I'm going to be standing in your shoes in that picture! OMG and I'm going to share it with you!!!!!! I can't wait!