Friday, December 8, 2006

I love my new car...



Anyone who knows me would tell you that I am very independant and completely self-sufficient. I don't like to bother anyone! I've lived alone for almost two years now, and find that there is very little--if anything--that I have not been able to do on my own. Really the only thing that's prevented me from being 100% independant was my car...I had a Jetta, which was fine, but I had just bought a home and was unable to make trips to Ikea or bring home furniture from consignment stores without having to borrow Matt Jensen's truck or, worse yet, my mother's mini-van! I'm kinda impatient too! I want to get things right away! The day that I impulsively bought a large bar at World Market and had to tear all of the packaging off and work for 20 minutes in the parking lot to fit it in the car, and then drive with the top of it in my lap--was the day I decided the Jetta had to go.
I got online and found exactly the car I wanted. A 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo....ok, that's the car I WANT--google it and have a look..it's amazing...but trips to Ikea would definitely be out of the question...(someday though!) I continued my search on CarMax.com and found the car I NEEDED: a 2001 Passat Wagon--in (Dodger) blue! Within a week or so, I got the car, they bought my Jetta and I was off to do some serious large item shopping.
(Notice that the NOTHING plates are back! I have had them since 1980)
Thanks to the wagon I have been able to almost completly furnished my home right out of my friend Maureen's consignment/antique shop on Coast Highway. I have bought a coffee table, end table, dresser, two night stands, a dining room table and 4 chairs from Maureen. And she restored my hopechest...All of which fit in the back of my car! Genious!
(The beautiful vanity in my room was NOT hauled in my car...I will save its story for another blog...)
Of course, there is then the issue of the 15 stairs which lead up to the house from my garage. Again, I am too impatient to wait for someone to come assist me. Allison was there to help me with the dresser...but the rest I brought up myself! (If I am ever "missing", you will find me at the bottom of those stairs under a piece of furniture)...I have learned to take stuff up one stair at a time or "roll" it up the stairs. Then I drag it on a beach towel to its destination in my home! Voila!
OK, sure, one time I burst a blood vessel in my eye pushing something up and, well, yes, sometimes my back hurts for days...
but the house looks awesome!!!!
And all thanks to my new car!
I am woman...independant, self-sufficient and, well...
soaking in a hot tub.

No comments: