Monday, May 11, 2009

Shopping Glee!

Armed with gift certificates, an American Express card and a little extra cash, and donning sensible shoes and easy-to-remove clothing--along with my own personal shopper--I spent most of the day at the mall. Yes, shopping. And I LIKED it! We started at Nordstrom and worked our way through at least a dozen different stores! Who knew it could be so great?!
I came home with bags of every size and shape, containing new (totally stylish) jeans and a (darling) sundress and (very cute) black shoes and (several great) shirts and (LOADS of new) tanks (one in every color!) and six new unmentionables (probably my favorite treat of the day!) Oh, and...Season Seven of the Gilmore Girls!! (favorite-next only to the undies!)
Remember all my previous posts claiming how very much I really don't enjoy shopping? (Target and Home Depot don't count.) Well, I am taking it all back! (The words...not my new stuff!) Cause I had a blast! I didn't even mind taking my clothes off ten times today. And, everything seemed to fit...and actually looked pretty good. I can't wait to wear my new outfits...
It was a good day.
Special thanks to my personal shopper, Ms. Allison Hibbard, who provided me with ongoing assessments, reactions, opinions and feedback--along with quick witted jokes, remarks and anecdotes--all wrapped up with the much-appreciated ability to assist in the carrying of the bags.

New Summer wardrobe...a few hundred dollars (Hey, no one really needs to know but me.)
and GG season seven! Did I mention season seven?!
Lunch at Nordstrom (oh and a belt too!)...$30
Spending the afternoon with my daughter eating and laughing--and feeling kinda pretty--PRICELESS.

I haven't unpacked anything yet...I really like the site of all those bags on my dining room table!
But, of course...I have already watched two episodes of the Gilmore Girls.

7 comments:

Falling LEAVes said...

out of mild curiosity... what mall did u shop at? shopping can be fun, depending on what mall you're at

Zuzana said...

Ah, I am happy that you are now a shopper, just like me.;) Maybe one day we can go shopping together.;) I sure would enjoy that.;)

PETE Di LALLO said...

Girl stuff!!!
Whatever...

Silver Eye Photography said...

Summer dresses are the best. Nancy Ramos

Anonymous said...

Why shop at Nordstoms. You need to find great sales. I have shopped at Nordtroms , yes they have sales but believe me you can find many cute oufits at Kohls. I love to shop!!! More than you!!! I find great sales and my clothes are very nice and cute.

Kelli

Kelly said...

Good for you.....And thanks for supporting my store and boosting my profit sharing!! XO

Anonymous said...

I'd like to make an appointment with Allison, please. I need a twenty-something girlfriend who can tell me how to dress. Every time I try something on I ask myself, "Too young looking?" or "Too old looking?" Middle age is tough.