Friday, May 1, 2009

Rome where you want to...

While listening to the iPod on random, "O Sole Mio" came on. My friend in the car with me said, "What the hell is this?"
I took amazing pride when I told her, "It's from a CD I bought when I was in Italy!"
Let me tell you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE saying those words...and these too:

"When I was helicoptering over the Swiss Alps..."
"When I had dinner on the Eiffel Tower..."
"I was in Germany the last night of the World Cup!"
"Remember when I wrote the blog from PRAGUE?"
"I secretly took pictures in the Sistine Chapel."
"I ate gelato while watching pope speak in St. Peter's Square..."
"We ate at Gundel in Budapest...
"I took the Da Vinci code tour at the Louvre in Paris...
"...the Belgian waffle I had in Belgium!"
"...the amazing beer I had in Bruge!"
"While we were at the Mozart concert in Vienna..."
"...the streusel I had in Rodenberg..."
"....and the chocolate we ate throughout Switzerland!"
"O Sole Mio"??
It's the song that the accordionist played as we rode a gondola through Venice.


Damn, I love saying that.

4 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Oh man...I love your Europe pics so much!!

Eliane said...

Oh! those were the days!and there is some more in the future Sister!

Zuzana said...

You know Europe better than I do.;)
If your future trips ever take you to Denmark, let me know:;))

Anonymous said...

Lucky!