Sunday, May 17, 2009

Earthquake!

OK...we just had an earthquake. I am SO not one to freak out...and, for the first few seconds, I just sat and thought, "oh, we're having an earthquake." For the next few seconds I thought, "oh crap, we're STILL having an earthquake..." But when it kept going, I actually jumped up and moved to a doorway--where for the NEXT FIFTEEN MORE seconds I stood there as I heard wine glasses rattling together, picture frames toppling over, and things falling off my bookshelves! My heart was beating...it seriously didn't seem like it was going to stop...house cracking, things toppling...ok, so I freaked a little!
Wow...wow...hope everyone is alright.
It's been a long time since I remember one like that...


1 comment:

Zuzana said...

Wow, I can not even imagine how scary that must have been. I am happy you are all right!
xo