Saturday, May 9, 2009

...but don't give yourself away

Thoughts from the middle of the night...

I have (finally?!) realized that I can not control anyone else's thoughts, actions…or feelings...

No matter what I do.

No matter how nice I am.

No matter how good my intentions are.

No matter how many times I call to remind them how much I care...

And I can’t make anyone like me. Or make them happy. I can't.

Though I sure do exhaust myself trying...


I surrender. I give up! I’m letting go...

And I feel better already.
Of course, I hope you do too.

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

I so know what you mean, this post so adequately summarizes the way I feel today. I am glad someone out there have similar thoughts and feelings.
have a lovely weekend Julie.;) xo

Eliane said...

I do!

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are saying. After many years of trying to make everyone happy, trying to figure out how someone is feeling and justifying someone's actions I came to the conclusion that I am only in charge of how I feel and my own happiness. Since figuring this out my life has been much less stressful. You can only control your own thoughts, feelings and actions.

Your cousin,
Robin