Monday, May 25, 2009

Jolt 45

The only thing I love as much as baseball is music--if there is not a game on in my house, there is definitely music playing! And, since the Dodgers played early this afternoon, I decided to put the iPod on 'shuffle' as I worked around the house tonight. About 10 songs in, I stopped what I was doing and ran down stairs...Bobby Sherman was in my kitchen belting out, "Julie, do ya love me?"!!
I gotta tell ya, it is undoubtedly my favorite song of all time.
I was five years old when the song came out, and I vividly remember the day my dad brought home the single for me....my very first 45 record! I listened to that song over and over and over--until I actually wore out the needle on my record player (does anyone remember replacing needles?!) I SWORE Bobby Sherman was singing that song to me! And I remember CRYING the day I found out that he was married. (I was 8.)
Of course I still have that single--and the jacket with Bobby's beautiful picture on it. (Gina, can you name the B-side?) I actually have all my old 45s and all my old albums. Unfortunately, I no longer have a turn table....I'd probably wear out the needle anyway.
But, thanks to the iPod, tonight, in my kitchen, Bobby and I sang together LOUDLY..."oh oh oh Julie Julie Julie, do ya love me? Ahhh, Julie Julie Julie do ya care? Julie Julie are ya thinking of me? Julie Julie will ya still be there?"
I don't care what you say...tonight, I am sure he was singing to me.

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

I share your love for music, although I am not sure I know of Bobby Sherman. I guess I need to visit youtube and hear that song.;))

PETE Di LALLO said...

One of my favorite songs too...
If he ever comes to the Honda Center we will go...
p.s. is he still breathing?

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he's still cute?? See if you can find a current picture of him to post! :)

Gina Vistaunet said...

Hummm, side B...............not sure about this one.

However, I'm so glad Sonja put a picture on so I can see her!