Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You really have a wonderful life!

I am so often making lists of places to go and things to do before I die, I sometimes forget all the great things I have already done! Here's a list of some of the greatest things I have experienced in my life...

I've seen both my children graduate from college!
I stood on the top of the World Trade Center. Rode in a Gondola in Venice. Bought my own home. Took a helicopter tour over the Swiss Alps. Stood in the Coliseum in Rome. Graduated college at age 37. Climbed to the CROWN of the Statue of Liberty. Had dinner on the Eiffel Tower. Was in a bar in Germany the last night of the World Cup. Cruised the Danube in Budapest. Bought a car and paid cash. Been to at least a dozen plays on Broadway and have enjoyed a Mozart concert in Vienna. I've seen Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and rode the London Eye. I shopped at Harrods in London and Bloomingdales in NYC. I had a drink with Greg Maddux. I wrote my blog from Prague.
I've been to Graceland, Niagara Falls, the very first Starbucks, Disney World, the Grand Tetons, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone Park, Mount Rushmore, and the Grand Canyon. I've seen the sunset on Puget Sound and Waikiki Beach and seen the sunrise in New York City and Cape May. I met Ned Colletti. I've been to the Smithsonian and the White House. I've walked on the Golden Gate Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge. I've seen the Sequoias and Hoover Dam. I went to Spring Training the inaugural year at Camelback and was there to see the Dodgers sweep the NLDS against the Cubs.
I've had great beer in Brugge and Amsterdam. The best waffle in Belgium. An amazing nutella crepe in Paris. And enjoyed gelato in St. Peter's Square. I took a dozen pictures at the Ponte Vechio in Florence. I saw Michelangelo's David and the Sistine Chapel. I've been to the baseball stadiums of The Dodgers, Angels, A's, Giants, Diamondbacks, Padres and Yankees. Love this!
I have thoroughly LOVED all three of the jobs I have had. I have cherished, life-long friendships and genuine relationships within my family...and I am finally figuring out how important that really is. I am so lucky. I am so grateful.
So what do I still want to do?
Visit Greece, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Australia...and eat my way through the rest of Italy. Go to Wrigley Field, Camden Yards, Fenway and Cooperstown. See the Dodgers go to the World Series. Buy the Porsche. Fall in love.

Heck, I'm just getting started.

3 comments:

Eliane said...

With all the energy you have can't wait to read the list in 5 years. You go girl!!!

Sherri Marie said...

I'm looking forward to our 2010 annual trip back to Camelback!! And maybe we'll be seeing the 09' World Champs! What wonderful childhood memories I have that include You!!!

Lisa Marie said...

Oh man...what a GREAT list. It is a truly wonderful life that you have, Julie! I love that you don't take a moment for granted and live it to the fullest. You're such an inspiration to me :)