Sunday, March 9, 2008

Springing Forward

I woke up this morning at 4:30...or was it 5:30? After two glasses of wine at dinner with my friend Sarah last night, I felt lucky to at least have remembered to 'spring forward' the clock by my bed before going to sleep.
I went in to start the coffee as soon as I got up, and was immediately aware of all the other clocks that would need to be "fixed" in this house. I started with the stove, the microwave and the coffee maker. Ok, check, check, check. Then I realized something very cool. Both cell phones, as well as my house phone, were already showing the corrected 'spring forward' time. And the cable box--already updated on the time. And, of course, my laptop too! (I don't care what anyone says, technology is AWESOME!)
The VCR--well, having NEVER been able to figure out how to change the time on it to begin with, today--and for the next six months--it is showing the correct time.
I gulped down my first cup of coffee and heard the Los Angeles Times hit the front door (music to my ears on a Sunday morning.) As I opened the door to retrieve it, I was SHOCKED to see that it was PITCH BLACK outside! What? It's gonna be DARK in the mornings now? I ALWAYS forget this part of the deal. Ugh. The whole 'light til 8pm' thing never turns me on...I'm heading to bed by then anyway. Give me the light at 6am anytime!
I stumbled back upstairs, baffled by the darkness and opened up the Sports Page to find that the Dodgers had pounded the Cardinals 20-6 yesterday!
Aaahh yes...let there be light.

4 comments:

Eliane said...

Juju,
The sun just went down here in Ohio at 7:45 pm. I like this! and I am still awake...amazing!!!

Allison said...

The clock in my bathroom has been wrong for months...yesterday, it was correct...saved me four minutes not having to change it and change it back!

SarahD said...

Reason #43 that Hawaiians are lazy....
We don't change time here, EVER.

Black mornings are weird, but I love 9:00 sunsets.
xoxo
you're the best blogger!

Heather McTaggart said...

Really time change...not my favorite, it messes up my kids! It really does, no matter what anyone says! Kelly is still trying to con her way into making us believe it's not fair that she goes to bed at 8 when it's "really" 7! We aren't falling for it...I am mean like that too!