Wednesday, March 5, 2008

DiLallo Burgers!

I don't think I have ever mentioned that my dad's family has a chain of restaurants throughout Montreal, Canada. DiLallo Burger has been in business-and has been run by various members of the DiLallo Family--since 1929!
My cousins, Mario and Anthony were at my folks tonight to make burgers for all of us...
Mario runs the original DiLallo Burger location in Montreal!
The secret is the thick patty, grilled onions, capicola, sweet peppers, and mustard...
OH SO delicious!Thatcher and Logan and Theo
My sister, Mrs. Bon Jovi (unfortunately, Jon couldn't make it.)
Me and my sweet dad
Love these people!

7 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

Your sweet dad is RIGHT! What a great night for you! SOUNDS AMAZING!

Allison said...

Fun to eat delicious burgers two nights in a row!

Eliane said...

Oh! Those burgers are so yummy!!!!
You have the best family.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I never thought I'd be hungry again but this morning I'm starving...must be those peppers in the burgers...

Gina Vistaunet said...

It was delicious last night.

Anonymous said...

I remember about 15-20 years ago, I worked with Anthony at a pizzeria in Southern California. He used to have us all over to his place often for burgers... WOW what a treat! Those DiLallo Burgers at Anthony's were among the best I've ever had.... I sure wish there was somewhere to get them down here....

Aida said...

Hello to the Dilallo Family,

I just phoned the Dilallo restaurant, I talked to Mario. I asked for John Dilallo, but unfortantly I got some sad news, that he passed away.I'm so sad.:-( I used to live in Quebec aswell.I live now in Germany! I was with my family a refuge from Kosovo, and we had the blessing to meet such a brilliant person with a heart of GOLD!! He helped us so much. John teached me how to paint. He used to love singing for me :-) He found my brothers work in the Dilallo's restaurant.He always helped where he could, and he was an our angle! He was happy to meet an Albanian Family, because as we all know the Dilallo's also are " Arbreshks" Albanian Italians.

I'm very happy you all are doing o.k !!
I wish you all so much luck and succsess for the future any many many beautiful burgers, that I miss eating ! :-)

I will always love John Dilallo like my own Grandpa

With love

Shprezita