Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dodger Fan-TASTIC!

The day was everything and MORE than I had thought it would be!
THOUSANDS of Dodger fans eating and dancing and singing and celebrating! (No, I don't know these guys, but they were happy to pose for a picture) SO much fun!
We got up there REALLY early...there was SO much going on before the game! The GIANT "Fan-Fest" included food and game booths--and a non-stop celebration of the 50th anniversary. The entire team was up on a stage in the middle of the park with dozens of players from past Dodger seasons!
We saw Steve Garvey and Ron Cey, Rick Monday, Tommy Lasorda and Joe Torre!
We were part of the LARGEST crowd at a baseball game--ever!
115,300 people
There was a special tribute to Vin Scully, which brought tears to my eyes. My earliest Dodger memories are captured in Vin's unmistakable voice. I remember listening to Dodger games on radio (as well as going to games) with my dad ALL the years I was growing up.
With my friends Tim and Julie and my sweet dad!
It was certainly not a memorable game (Red Sox won 7-4)
but it was a day full of GREAT memories!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast. You had a very handsome date :)

Heather McTaggart said...

What a fun way to spend a day! So fun to see my friend Pete having fun! Memories are made.....

Ange said...

oh so fun!!!! I watched the game, so good!!! You, me and Amy need to hit a game soon!

Gina Vistaunet said...

I love your sombrero friends.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Julie and I will be in the history books having attended a ball game with the largest crowd ever...we arrived early in the day and
parked at USC for $20 and walked a half mile to the coliseum while watching and listening to mariachi music, smelling 'tail-gate' Mexican food, having her picture taken with the two sobrero-ed Dodger fans,seeing famous Ex-Dodgers and having the greatest time...late comers to the game paid up to $60 to park...
an unforgetable day especially spending it with Julie...
poor Julie had to be at work the next day at 5:30AM...
Julie (and I) were both dead tired when I drove her home...
on Sunday morning, in my cushy bed, I 'rolled'over at around 6:30 and thought about Julie...she said she napped a few hours Sunday afternoon before my birthday dinner...
thanks again Juju