Saturday, March 29, 2008

A date in the life

Last night I had the most incredible dinner at a little Italian restaurant by the Newport pier called Il Forro. It started with a glass of Chianti and a basket of bread with garlic butter...but the main course was absolutely one of the best dishes I have ever experienced! Pumpkin Gnocchi! Oh my deliciousness! I just had to say "WOW" every time I put one in my mouth! Absolutely fabulous. I enjoyed another glass of wine and a few bites of chocolate tart for dessert as well. What a great meal.
Oh! And...about my date...It was very nice. We talked until 11:30pm! (and I had to be at work at 5:30 this morning!) I left him with an open invitation to experience an Italian meal at my home next time. (I make the BEST manicotti!)
OK...I brought my camera, but didn't take any pictures! I know! I thought about it the whole time, but I decided that perhaps it would be best to "ease" him into the fact that I chronicle every moment of my life and post it on the internet! (Unlike me, I'm sure he didn't have 17 emails in his inbox this morning from people wanting to know how the date went!!) He's a really good guy. I do hope to see him again.
And that gnocchi!! For the love of God! Magnificent!

5 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!!! I can't wait to hear more.

Heather McTaggart said...

I thought about you ALL night! SO super UPPPPERRR glad you had a great time! I too can't wait to hear more!

carrie d. said...

Il Farro is my parents all time favorite restaurant! Watch out, you just might run into Mom and Pop Dievendorf there someday. haha

PETE Di LALLO said...

Italian food made it all the more fun...
and freaking take care of Courtney, will you, before she starts using the other "F" word...and I hope you called Heather...

Ann said...

i ditto Courtney!