Tuesday, February 19, 2008

THESE are the good ol' days...

Allison and Zachary Easter Sunday 1988
Fast forward TWENTY YEARS (yikes)
OK, I just talked to BOTH of my kids...
Since feeling God's urging for quite a while now, Allison is meeting with Steve Rutenbar tomorrow morning to solidify her plans to move to Kenya in July. Steve has just returned from several weeks in Kenya, has deemed it safe for travel and is strongly encouraging Allison to begin preparing for her journey. It will be her FIFTH time in Kenya, and her first stay of more than two weeks. Tonight, on the phone, Allison wanted to be sure that I was still planning to go with her...which I am. I will accompany the group (she has a few friends who will be part of her stay) on the trip over and stay two weeks in the home where she will be living for the following six months or so. She's planning to take me to Sister Frieda's hospital, the Kitale Club and can't wait to take me on Safari. Guess it's time for ME to start preparing for the adventure as well.
A few hours later, Zac and I spent a little time together on the Loyola Marymount website ordering his Graduation Announcements. Yeah!
Yes indeed, they have been purchased which, I do believe, makes it official:
The President, Faculty
and Graduating Class
of
Loyola Marymount University
are pleased to announce
Zachary Emerson Hibbard
will be conferred the degree of
Bachelor of Arts
with a major in
English
Writing concentration
at the
Ninety-sixth Commencement Exercises
Saturday, May tenth
Two thousand and eight
at nine-thirty in the morning
Sunken Gardens
Loyola Marymount University

I love them so much...and not just cause they're my kids.
They are good, smart, truly wonderful people.
And the best part...
each of them said, "I love you Mom" at the end of the call.
Yep, it was a good night.

4 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

You are a great proud mom! I am proud for you!

Allison said...

Hooray! Kenya's going to be amazing!

Eliane said...

You are such a good mother...always been. Your kids are fine young people for sure!

PETE Di LALLO said...

I'm happy for you going to Kenya, and don't worry... I'll do the worrying...