Tuesday, July 6, 2010

10 things I like about myself

I have read SO many 'self-healing' books in the last few years, you would think that I'd be absolutely PERFECT by now.
Not so.
There was an exercise in one of my books today that I thought was pretty interesting: as a bit of self reflection the author suggests writing down 10 things you like about yourself.
And, in a little self improvement project, a list of 10 things you don't really like about yourself--or would at least like to work on.
Here's part one--things I like about myself.
  1. I am a very strong woman. I can build anything, fix anything, move anything, learn anything, cook up anything...and I keep on keeping on.
  2. I'm a good aunt, daughter, sister and friend. And a GREAT mom.
  3. I am the healthiest I have ever been. I am very disciplined with my diet and I'm back in my size 4 suits.
  4. I have a terrific memory--everything from songs to dates to people's names and more.
  5. I own my home and have zero debt. My car is paid for.
  6. I have incredible energy.
  7. I'm a pretty good writer. And a very good reader.
  8. I love adventure, activity, going places, doing things and LOVE traveling!
  9. I am genuinely happy 98% of the time. And I'm really nice!
  10. I have a good sense of humor. I love to laugh and make people laugh.
OK! Yeah! I like this list!
A little self-love goes a very long way.

Tomorrow--things I need to work on...

4 comments:

BUM said...

You should be very proud of yourself. While the rest of us are still working on these attributes. it's nice to have good role model. Keep up the good work , Love you and I'm proud of you.

PETE Di LALLO said...

What I like about you:

regardless of the weather or occasion,your clothes remain pressed...
your hair is always fixed with balanced precision...
you are kind and generous...
you never turn people away and always have time for your friends and fellow workers...
you are never late and always on time...
and I love your lists...
I can't imagine what you have to work on but look forward to your next list...

Kelly said...

I really like all these about you too!!! Maybe that's why I've been your friend for the past 30 years! XO

Unknown said...

#9 is the best one! :) LOL I love you Julie DiLallo. I also agree with everything your dad wrote.