Tuesday, August 19, 2008

USA for Africa

I have been home from Kenya for twelve days. I have been to the market and Target and back to work and back to Chili's. I have run my air conditioning all night, had a hot shower every morning, and slept each night the comfort of my down-filled blankets and pillows. I've watched four or five movies, finished up a couple of novels and spent too much money on a new coffee maker. I've sat in the sun, laid on the beach and lounged by the pool...
But Kenya has not left my mind. Nope.
Not for one second.
I just got back from dinner with a couple of friends where--for three hours--I did not stop talking about my experiences/thoughts/feelings and memories of Kenya.
In fact, I have not stopped talking for TWELVE DAYS.
Warning: "How was your trip?" is a loaded question.
I am still overwhelmed. And praying about what I am to do with all my new feelings. With all the things I NOW know. And once you know what's over there, what's being done, what still needs to happen--you have to do something about it!
I believe that sharing the information with others is step one.
OK. Check. Believe me, I am sharing.
I am praying for the revelation of step two.
Until then...If you ask me, I will tell...
And then you will know too.

1 comment:

Suz Broughton said...

My husband just returned from Africa a month ago and it's the same with him. It seems like a place that changes you forever. I've never been, but hope to go someday.