Sunday, August 24, 2008

Are you nuts?

Tonight I went shopping at Ralphs, and since I'm going to the baseball game this week, one of the items on my grocery list was 'peanuts'. They usually have the Dodgers peanuts which, of course, is my first preference. Sometimes they only have the Angels peanuts, which is fine, though second best. (I know--they are in first by 15 games--sorry, I still bleed Dodger Blue!)
But tonight...THIS is what they had.
Seriously??!! Really??
I'm sorry, but I do not know one person in Orange County who is a Padre fan. Not one! Matter of fact, I am not sure if there is anyone in San Diego who's a Padre fan any more..last I heard they were 20 games out of first!
There was not one bag of Dodgers or Angels peanuts in the place...insane!
I actually bitched and moaned for a few minutes in the produce department. But, being as they were the only peanuts available (and at $2.00/bag they are less than half the price than at the ballgame) I put them in my basket extremely reluctantly...and prayed that I wouldn't run into anyone I knew!
Please know that as soon as I got home I poured the peanuts from the Padres bag into a Ziploc. Then I went outside to get rid of the Padres bag. Thankfully, my neighbor's trash can was still out front of the house.
I don't even want anyone to see that wrapper in my trash.
I will tell ya though...I definitely won't have any problem eating the peanuts.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

We have BOTH Angels and Dodgers here in Las Vegas!! Let me know if you need some and I'll send them your way.

Suz Broughton said...

Sounds like the truck driver made a right in Oceanside instead of a left.
Good thinking about the trash cans...

Anonymous said...

julie:
oooouuuuuch. remember little old me? count 3 padres fans in my household. add ange who is obsessed with brian giles and you have at least four. plus one friend named josh that makes five. i love my padres, even if they stink. you can buy us padres peanuts ANYTIME! :)

amy (branley) nantkes

PETE Di LALLO said...

You're not nuts...you paid peanuts for them...

Ange said...

Dear Julie,
I am a Padre fan who lives in the OC. However, if Giles gets traded to the Red Sox I may be switching teams.
I have like, 5 bags of these Padre's peanuts in my cupboards.