Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jacaranda

I always look forward to seeing the Jacaranda trees in full bloom throughout the city every year. When these gorgeous, full, purple trees are blooming, you can almost set your clock. It means Summer is on its way, the school year is almost over, graduations are coming up...another year has passed.
I have a picture of myself in my cap and gown under the Jacaranda trees at Cal State Fullerton. Love that shot.
The fact that these trees bloom every year--right on time--is kind of comforting really.
It's a reminder of the routine--simple--cycles of life.
That no matter all the changes and chaos and craziness that goes on...
thankfully, much of life is still so very predictable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Gina Vistaunet said...

Those are my favorite. When I get married and have kids and buy a house, I want one in my front yard.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Julie, gorgeous photo

Gina, you already have a house and you already have kids...how about we buy you a Jacaranda for your birthday? We can plant it in a pot in your back patio...
Oh Yeah, and you don't have to get married...
but if you do I'll buy you two...

Eliane said...

So beautiful and so true.

joann said...

ok,now i really miss CA!!!