Sunday, May 18, 2008

From now til 90

Today is my last day of being 44 years old. I have a big day ahead--about 40 coming to my home for a graduation party for Zachary. I cooked and baked and cleaned--and listened to music and danced--all day yesterday...and I am ready to enjoy my house full of friends and family!
This morning I was thinking about what a rich, full life I have enjoyed over the last 45 years and I was wondering what the NEXT 45 years might bring! Though I have NO idea what's ahead for me, here's what I am planning to do...
  1. Face the future with a smile. One day at a time.
  2. Laugh more and (try to) keep a better perspective of things!
  3. Love on others. Always. Be a good listener. Be encouraging and positive.
  4. Be forgiving. And work on forgetting.
  5. Stay healthy, active and remain a size six. And figure out a way to work chocolate cake and vodka martinis into that equation.
  6. Find a fantastic man who wants to kiss me a lot!
  7. See the rest of the world. And Italy again.
  8. Sing every word to every song loud and strong! And DANCE!
  9. Be happy--full of JOY--and cherish every minute!
  10. Stay curious about the future!
I know there's good stuff up ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great day!I really wanted to be there. Thank you for thinking of me.You should be so,so proud of your children!!!And "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Sherri in AZ

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday - I hope I'm as young as you in three and a half years...