Thursday, May 15, 2008

Duty Free

My 'duty' has been finished...and I never even went!
I received my 'Jury Summons' over a month ago and was instructed to call after 5pm on May 9.
So I did. And at which time I was instructed to please call back on Monday, May 12 after 5pm for further instructions. Which I did.
On May 12 at 5pm I called and was instructed to call back on Tuesday, May 13 and to be prepared to report to Jury Duty on Wednesday, May 14 at 8:30am.
So on Tuesday at 5pm, I called again. And they told me to call back on Wednesday after 5pm but to be prepared to report on Thursday at 8:30am.
So...I called on Wednesday and was told to call back today at 5pm.
Seriously.
So, I just called.
The recording said that my duty services have been completed.
Why do people complain about getting Jury Duty?
It's so easy!

1 comment:

PETE Di LALLO said...

But Jools,
what if YOU were on trial?
wouldn't you want someone nice and smart and kind as you are?