Saturday, September 8, 2007

Under the Tuscan Sun

I just watched this movie and cried through half a box of Kleenex.
It is the first time I have watched it since going through a divorce and living through heartbreak...unfortunately, I could so deeply relate to the pain this woman experiences.
"Heartbreak doesn't' kill you--it should--but it doesn't." Frances says in the movie. I agree. I have been there and expressed those same thoughts.
It is also the first time I have watched this movie since I have visited Tuscany! And, fortunately, I delighted in the beauty of those familiar sunflower fields and cobble stone streets and the gorgeous views of FLORENCE...and the gelato!...oh, dear, the gelato is incredible.
Italy was the first destination on my post-heartbreak excursion through Europe last year. Though I felt close to death while (ironically) living through all of that pain, I swear Italy brought me back to life! I smiled and laughed and was filled with joy and ate wonderful meals and drank fabulous wines and took more pictures of Italy than I did of all the other countries combined. Italy is absolutely magnificent!
The movie, of course, has a happy ending...she has a beautiful home in Tuscany and an even more beautiful man by her side.
Suddenly, I feel inspired.
I have to get back to Italy.

No comments: