Monday, September 17, 2007

Monopoly cashes out...

Monopoly has ALWAYS been one of my favorite games...I loved to build houses on Boardwalk and Park Place always liked to be the thimble or the boot. And I LOVED counting my money!
Apparently in keeping up with our cashless society, Monopoly no longer comes with its coveted rainbow colored money! Instead...bring and swipe your Visa debit card!
Here's the new look, complete with debit card machine...I guess the railroads have been replaced with airlines too...it's definitely a completely updated look. Seems like the thimble might have gotten the boot too!
Wonder how you get your $200 when you pass go? Direct Deposit?
I think it's hilarious that the ONLY thing that looks exactly the same is that poor guy in jail.
Be sure you stay in the "just visiting" part...

7 comments:

Allison said...

This is amazing...Ryanne and Allison were telling me about this! Crazy!

Josh(ua) Treece said...

My birthday is just three days after your favorite daughter's. Ugh, thirty is coming too fast!

PETE Di LALLO said...

I like the old game with actual money...new game may teach kids that they need credit cards to buy things...call me old...

Ange said...

Wow. This is such an OC version of Monopoly. I wonder how many types of Monopoly games are actually out there....it seems like there are a billion or so...

Steve Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve Adams said...

That's just wrong. Its no wonder that cashiers have to look at the LED readout on the register to know how much change to give.... No one makes them add and subtract on their own anymore!!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Comment to all the ones on this page before mine...

Alli: yours is OK

Josh: 30 is the new 15

Author of Comment deleted:(MY comment deleted)

Ange:Haven't you been told a million times not to exagerate!

Steve: we are geniuses (genii?

Wish I knew how to erase my dumb comments...
no suggestions please!!!