Thursday, September 13, 2007

Earthquake...

I was never a Boy Scout, but the two earthquakes this week have helped me realize that I need to "be prepared" for the big one. I have four large (and very full) bookcases in my living room and if they were to fall over they could cause quite a bit of damage in my home.
Worse than that, all my souvenir plates and beer steins from my travels might get broken!
Today I bought these straps and bolted the bookcases to the wall.
Hope I never get to see if they work.

1 comment:

PETE Di LALLO said...

You never were a Boy Scout but you were a "Bluebird" once...
I remember going to a Bluebird fathers and daughters weekend retreat with you in Idylwild and the fathers played poker all weekend...I don't know what I did...probably read a book or two...do you recall details of what the girls did? did you and I go on long hikes, swim or anything?