Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Simpsons Movie

I know my kids won't believe it...but I loved The Simpson's Movie. I laughed out loud--often--and seriously think it was touching and even encouraging.
Allison and Zachary were about 5 and 7 when "The Simpson's" debuted on TV and I would not let them watch the show...I felt it was nasty, vulgar and that Bart was disrespectful to his parents. They were really too little to understand it anyway...so we just didn't watch it. (Although their dad never missed an episode)
Many years later, I realized that it was not quite as disturbing as I thought--and that it was actually quite funny and that the writing was really brilliant--and by that time the kids were watching what they wanted anyway.
I still rarely watch The Simpson's...but I'll admit I freakin' loved the movie.
(Do you think that big blue Margarita before the show could have impaired my judgement?)
Sing it with me, "SPIDER PIG SPIDER PIG DOES WHATEVER A SPIDER PIG DOES..."

3 comments:

Allison said...

I laugh out loud at that preview...only at the Spider-Pig song...but I can't wait to go see it.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it too. I have only heard about how funny it is.

Mike Larson said...

cool blog! i found it on the internet from jaime snyder at the montage, have a great day and happy blogging!

- www.mikelarson.com/blog