Thursday, August 23, 2007

The BEST of Budapest--part two

We headed back to our hotel to re-join the group and head out for the afternoon tour.
Sign over the street near our hotel.
Great Deli window
Grandma watching the street action...
How we actually got the picture of Grandma...
Budapest is truly beautiful
And they have lots of items for sale
Allison is SERIOUSLY the best at getting us around. She can read a map and figure out how to get everywhere we need to go! All those trips to New York City have paid off!
We had lunch at WORLD FAMOUS Gundel's Restaurant.
(Also on the 1000 places list!)
We sat with Sasha and Masha (yes, Masha)...another mom and daughter team on the trip.
And, an interesting note: Allison is ordering a Coke at each meal since she doesn't drink wine. The Cokes are 7000 Forents each (a little over $5).
Go figure, the wine is included in the price of the meal.
I know, I know!
It's a cream cheese and crushed walnut-filled crepe
with chocolate cherry rum sauce.
It was FLAMING when the waiter brought it out!
We have had TWO waiters named "Gabor" since we have been here
Named for Zsa Zsa?

Really...FREE WILLY is the name of your jewelry store?
The Basilica of St. Stephen
The Budapest Zoo
Our bus driver, Allan and his SWEET moustache!

4 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

I commented on Sasha and Masha on your Really? blog by accident...

Buda Part I & II were outstanding..will there be a III?

Knowing you, it's being written and photo'd as I write...

Unknown said...

That is one sweet mustache.

Unknown said...

The wine versus Coke stuff is hilarious. And that 'stache! Oh my! Keep the udpates coming, you two!

JG

PETE Di LALLO said...

Please help!!
I'm having a very hard time keeping Sasha and Masha's names out of my brain...it's like a bad song humming in me that I want to hit something...
I going to the driving range tonight to see if that will help...