Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jet Lag

By the time my dad picked Allison and me up at the airport last night, we had been traveling for 23 hours. We had breakfast in Prague, lunch in Frankfurt and a coke and a snack in Denver during our lay overs and plane transfers.
We had traveled across GOD ONLY KNOWS how many time zones and seen just as many airports! But, unlike the flight TO Europe where we slept (thanks to multiple Tylenol PMs) and felt great upon arrival, we desperately tried to keep ourselves AWAKE on the flight home, hoping to arrive exhausted, flop into bed, sleep 8 hours and avoid 'jet lag'.
No such luck...for me anyway. First of all, I arrived home and watched the last half of two FANTASTIC baseball games! I had been suffering from "baseball withdrawals" for eight days and found a well-deserved fix waiting for me! Once the Angels and Dodgers both pulled off the wins, I went to bed. And slept well.
Til 3:08am.
Understanding that it was noon in Eastern Europe where we had been for the last 8 days, I knew I was either going to lay and watch the clock for 3 more hours OR go make myself lunch!
I got up.
I did two loads of laundry, edited my vacation photos and talked to my friend in Ohio. I know I am going to CRASH at any point now (since it's NAP TIME in Prague) but I will once again try to keep myself awake til 10pm. The baseball games are on early this afternoon...I might not make it.
It's now 7:30am. I guess I'll go unpack the rest of my suitcase.
And make myself some dinner.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I stayed up until 2...so that I would sleep in. I was awake at 8:30. Not too shabby!