to the Phillies...
Honestly, every single year on this night, I sit in my silent home. No Baseball Tonight to watch. No web gems.
No Vinnie to say good night to me. It's very quiet.
But GOOD NEWS! Spring Training games start in about 120 days!
So I came up with 60 things I would like to do between now and then. I would love your suggestions too--but please make note of the fact that I don't watch TV. And, no, I do NOT want to start following football, basketball or hockey.
So here they are...60 things to do until Baseball Season 2009
- Take a walk (or 120)
- Organize my 13,000 photos in iPhoto
- Sell the Barbies in my garage
- Clean out my closet/cabinets/drawers
- Hook up the Nintendo 64 and master Dr. Mario once again!
- Finish my elementary school and high school scrapbooks.
- Eat every thing I have in the house before going to the store again.
- Get a hobby (what??)
- Write a book (on what??)
- Watch classic movies
- Send personal notes in the mail
- Fall in love (come on, a girl's gotta have a dream!)
- Scan and organize all my family's slides!
- Bake a pie from scratch.
- Go sit on the beach for a day.
- Stay up all night talking to someone.
- Get a massage
- Do the art walk in Laguna
- Stay in bed one whole day.
- Add music to my iTunes
- Dance in my kitchen with a cute man.
- Sit by the fire in my living room (with the man? Why not!)
- Decorate my Christmas Tree
- Address my Christmas Cards
- Christmas Shop
- Sleep in a few times
- Go to church
- Learn to Golf
- Learn to Surf
- Learn everything there is to know about this laptop!
- Learn everything there is to know about my BlackBerry
- Resume my LA Times subscription around the first of the year. (Just for the Sports page of course)
- Buy my tickets to the Dodgers' Spring Training in Glendale, Arizona.
- Rent a Porsche 911 for a day and take my dad for a long ride.
- Go to a few movies
- Have a Dutch Baby Pancake
- Go skiing
- Stay in a cabin in the mountains
- Eat Lobster
- Have breakfast in bed.
- Spend the day at Barnes & Noble
- Clean out my hope chest.
- Have friends over for dinner.
- Plan a trip for 2010.
- Plant some bulbs and buy a few rose bushes.
- Watch the Rose Parade
- Lose 10 pounds.
- Get in great shape.
- Laugh more.
- Appreciate life more!
- Kiss more. (Dreaming again, but I'm hopeful!)
- Keep up my blog
- Keep up my Facebook
- Spend the night at a hotel...just to be somewhere else.
- Cook myself a nice meal.
- Organize my iPod. (Too many songs I hate!)
- Build up my self esteem.
- Make a lot of other people happy.