Monday, May 14, 2007

The Secret


Last night I watched "The Secret" with my friend, Rick. I had heard SO much about it and was really anxious to see what it was all about.
Hard to sum up, but it's kind of a plan for living life to its fullest--for realizing goals and dreams and 'willing' them into reality. It's about having the right attitude, thinking positively, visualizing goals, expecting miracles and having a sense of gratitude and expectation of overall happiness for life.
Rick and I talked for a couple of hours after watching the movie! It is seriously thought provoking and eye opening and I know I will watch it again in the next few days. I thought about it all night long.

Honestly, I feel I have lived the majority of my life in the ways that The Secret suggests...but I have perhaps gotten a little out of practice on the habits of being positive, striving to move forward and in being truly grateful.
I made a gratitude rock (as the movie suggests) for both Rick and I today...something to keep in a pocket...it is to be a reminder of all the things to be thankful for in life.
I loved the movie...and I am writing down goals and dreams and hopes and wishes...it will be.
And, I am SO very grateful for all that I have, all that I have achieved and especially for all the amazing people in my life.
But that's definitely no secret.
Have you seen The Secret? What do you think?

5 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

Where do you buy this? I think I would like to have it for the Wednesday fellowship dinner! I am really interested...can't wait to feedback with you!

Brent said...

Never heard of it.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Haven't heard of it either...
Is the movie coming out soon?

Gina Vistaunet said...

I read the book, but now I'm going to get the DVD.

Unknown said...

I loved the movie. I just bought the book for my mom and stepdad for their anniversary.

They have the books at any big bookstore. As for the movie, it is now available on Netflix.