Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A night to catch up!


I have had a really busy (and incredibly enjoyable) last couple of weeks. When I got off work today I realized that I did not have any plans tonight and I was so excited! I would (finally!) have a night to catch up on EVERYTHING at home.

This is what I got done tonight:
  • Stopped at Ralphs on the way and bought groceries.
  • Picked up two suits at the cleaners.
  • Filled up my gas tank ($49.80!!)
  • Started a load of laundry.
  • Took a quick bath and put on my new comfy jammies.
  • Unloaded the groceries and cleaned out the fridge.
  • Unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher.
  • Watered all the plants in the house, on the patio, out front.
  • Collected all the trash in the house and put the trash containers outside.
  • Took the clothes out of the washer, put into dryer.
  • Popped all the balloons in the house left from Mother's Day and my birthday. Took all gifts out of bags, organized, put away.
  • Made myself a big salad. Turned on the Dodger game.
  • Went through, answered and deleted 73 emails.
  • Returned several phone calls...talked to my mother, sister and two friends.
  • Read through about 10 catalogs and tossed them all. (I need NOTHING)
  • Went through a stack of mail and tossed most of it.
  • Paid bills/scheduled payments on line.
  • Wrapped and addressed birthday gifts for two nieces for their birthdays next week.
  • Decided this was as exciting as the blogging was going to get today.
And it's ok with me. The house is clean, the bills are paid, everything is organized.
And I have plans the next four nights.

2 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

That doesn't sound like a night with nothing to do...that sounds like a night FILLED with stuff to do, but doesn't it feel good to get it ALL done! I love nights like this!
PS. I spent $90.10 on gas yesterday, 4 days after spending $92.00!

PETE Di LALLO said...

I've been buying gas when my tank is 1/2 full (empty?)...It only costs me $35 to fill up each time...