Sunday, May 20, 2007

Oh happy day

For the last couple of hours I have been stretched out on a chaisse lounge, looking out over the skyline of Los Angeles, as if I am in a movie...there is not much activity on the streets below on an early Sunday morning and it is silent in our room. Allison is still asleep upstairs.
I called the front desk to see if I could get the LA Times and within about three minutes, it was at our door. While enjoying a full pot of coffee, I read just about every page...
For the last hour or so, I just sat here and closed my eyes and thought of all the great things going on in my life. I couldn't help but smile. Again, sitting in this two story suite I sang that line from the Talking Heads song, "How did I get here?"
Not just here in this incredible room. But here. In this place of genuine peaceful contentment in my mind and heart and life. It is a place so happy that I have tears in my eyes and I can actually feel it in my heart today! I am not really sure how or when I actually arrived here.
But there is no doubt--I am here.
And it feels really good.

No comments: