Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Sapphire Restaurant Laguna Beach

My dinner with Jaime!
I went to dinner tonight with my beautiful friend, Jaime. Jaime's birthday is April 12 and mine is May 19, so we try to find a date "in the middle" to celebrate our birthdays. We went to Sapphire Restaurant which is at the site of the old Pottery Shack in the heart of Laguna Beach. They sat us near the window and we watched the sun go down...so gorgeous!
We ordered wine and they also brought out a chocolate banana martini for us to try (incredible!)...then they brought us champagne too! Jaime and I shared veal ravioli as an appetizer (heaven!), and I had the black cod banana curry (phenomenal!) and Jaime had the braised short ribs (oh so good!). One of the servers came out with a birthday souffle for us to share and he sang an Italian version of Happy Birthday to us...(ok, it wasn't really in Italian, but he was trying so hard to make it kinda romantic!!)
The Chef, Azmin Ghahreman came to meet us and checked on us throughout the meal to be sure we were happy...and BOY, were we happy! We had such a great visit...
I LOVE celebrating life with Jaime!

Sapphire is open from 11am each day...you can sit outside too.
I would love to go try their Sunday brunch....who wants to join me?

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Julie, sorry to have to break it to you, but my birthday is January 14th! The Jaime you were with, brace yourself, was an impostor! Eeep!

Brent said...

I'm in.

matt said...

When I worked at the St. Regis, Azmin was our Exec. chef, I was in pastry. Weird to come across your blog/entry with his pic. What were the prices like?

Julie Hibbard said...

Dinner cost us $80.00. That was a bottle of wine, appetizer, and two entrees. We ate a lot of their amazing bread too.
It's worth a trip! The patio is so beautiful...just have a drink and an appetizer. I am sure Azmin would love to see you!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Sapphire. I went there twice last week but only for drinks and appetizers. The entrees looked amazing. The outside patio is the best.