Monday, May 21, 2007

10 reasons I love traveling with Allison

Allison and I are just returning from a long weekend in Los Angeles...we truly relaxed, shopped a little, ate great food, relaxed a little more and basically, had a great time. I love being with her and I was thinking of all the reasons that I really love traveling with her.
  1. She carries her own stuff. She never whines, complains or moans about having to carry stuff. This is OH so helpful on long trips and through airports and cities.
  2. She brings everything she needs. Allison is obviously a seasoned traveler, and she has NEVER said, "Dang, I forgot my____." Never.
  3. She is totally "go with the flow." If we decide we want to go to a movie, we do. If we decide to forgo the movie and just go back to the room and relax, she's good with that. Last night her head light was hanging out of the car and flying up toward her on the freeway. We got off, unplugged the light and threw it in the back seat. Life goes on.
  4. She can spend hours in a bookstore. Sometimes we do. We found a three story Barnes and Nobel on this trip. We went there twice.
  5. She loves to EAT! She loves to try new foods, new restaurants, and never says, "I'm not really hungry yet." I really love this about her!
  6. She is the easiest person to sleep with. We had to share a bed (albeit a KING!) this weekend...she never moved all night long! She does not snore/breath heavy/drool.
  7. She loves to be on her computer. She understands that you can blog and email and still carry on conversations and watch a movie at the same time.
  8. She's a good shopper. Meaning: she goes in looking for something and if she finds it, she buys it. If she doesn't find it, we leave. AND, she doesn't try things on. LOVE that!
  9. She has GREAT stories. She has traveled so much and has worked with junior highers forever and has HILARIOUS stories to tell while we are out shopping or driving, etc.
  10. She has THE most amazing laugh and sense of humor. She laughs out loud at movies and TV shows and makes me so happy and comfortable. It's a pleasure to be with her.
We'll be traveling quite a bit together this summer. I can't wait.

5 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Alli is my all time favorite!!!
I bet she even carries her own skis!!!
Fixes her own cars!!!
Can we go to the three story book store soon?
I love her smile, her jokes, her laugh
I think it's nice that she doesn't drool, too...

She was thought how to do a lot by the best Mom...
(Di Lallo genes?)

Allison said...

You only love these things about me because these are all true of you too...and because you taught me to be this way!

This weekend was totally fun! Love you!

Heather McTaggart said...

As much as I want to say "way to go Allison" I would like to shout "you trained her well!" I love to travel with my daughter also. We also enjoyed a weekend at the Grove in LA, only we didn't pick our hotel as well, all I can say is we were the ONLY gals in the place...and BOTH my daughters went with the flow...I start the training early, WAY TO GO JULIE!

Brent said...

What was that about gas?

JasonJEM said...

I read Josh's blog all the time and that brings me to Allison's which brings me to yours... Besides that all I think through the whole process is do you think we can get Allison to marry my son? LOL! First sign your getting older you start looking for wives for your kids! :)