Saturday, May 19, 2007

One SUITE birthday!





Allison arrived at my home this morning with a giant Starbucks coffee and a delicious Maple Nut Scone. We drove up to the W hotel in Westwood where Allison had scheduled an amazing afternoon at the Bliss Spa. We enjoyed the steam room and the sauna and then took an incredible shower and lavished ourselves with an assortment of sweet smelling lotions, soaps and creams. While Allison was having her treatment (scrub and color) I relaxed, read magazines and ate a BIG Granny Smith Apple in the Bliss lounge. Then I went in for my own scrub and color--and it was fantastic. My skin is SO soft and silky and my legs (as well as the rest of me!) is now golden bronze...
We headed over to The Grove and had an early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I had the Da Vinci pasta (cause that's what I have every time.) We did a little shopping and headed to our hotel.
Now here's the SWEETEST part of all. Last Summer I attended a fund raising event hosted by my friend, Sharel...and I won first prize in the raffle--a two-night stay at a hotel in Los Angeles...and tonight we finally cashed in the prize!
When we went to check in we were informed that we were to be in a two-story suite on the 23rd floor...overlooking downtown LA. We walked into the suite, to see the spiral staircase and panoramic view windows and we couldn't believe it!! What a treat!
And it is fantastic...Allison is downstairs blogging (she just informed me that there is a second bathroom down there) and I am upstairs in a king-size bed watching the ballgame and enjoying the city light view...
The doorbell just rang...Allison ordered dessert for my birthday! An apple tart with a candle in it. Oh, and a chocolate molton something or other for herself...
Happy Birthday?
Oh yeah!!...Happy and joyful and OH so grateful here on my sweet 44th birthday...
PS Special thanks to all who left birthday greeting voicemails, text messages and emails today!!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Sounds like a pretty good celebration to me.

Gina Vistaunet said...

My favorite picture if of the Past di Vinci..... yum. Let's go for my birthday.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I always wonder what the 'poor' people are doing...