Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Long Live Cool Whip

I was cleaning out my fridge today and pulled out a container of Cool Whip which I bought a couple of weeks ago. I turned it over to check the expiration date so I knew whether to keep it or throw it out. The expiration date is MAY 2008. Yes...2008!
First off, I can not imagine what this Cool Whip would look like 14 months from now. Secondly, that whole large container costs about $1.19...I'll will buy a fresh tub if I need it next May. And I will probably buy MANY between now and then.
Thirdly, there is no way in God's green earth the tub in my fridge will live to see May 2008. I put the freaking stuff on everything. It will not see May of 2007.
OK, let's be honest--it it will be lucky to see the end of the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

O my Gosh I love cool whip... On sugar free choc pudding,on sf hot choc,on sf JELLO, But.... I dont eat ANYTHING thats been in the fridge a YEAR!!! I'm still reading daily cuz. Sherri in AZ, GO D BACKS

Allison said...

It's so delicious...I could just eat it with a spoon.

Hope you have some left on Thursday!

acwo said...

Hi!
Interesting blog, I like it
keep it up!
acwo
http://tytka.blogspot.com

Brent said...

I stick with whipped cream. Not really a Cool Whip fan.