Thursday, March 29, 2007

Complete my album

Most of you probably received this email today from itunes. Sounded like a great idea, a super deal! So I went through and most of the incomplete albums would still cost me about $9.00 to complete. Tho, I was tempted when I saw that it would only be $2.97 to finish a couple of the John Mayer albums, and only $4.97 to finish the Johnny Mathis Christmas album. (Do you want me to Jaime?) But I decided I better not start with it. I had 181 "incomplete" albums to look through and the $$$ started ringing in my head.
Business Week had an article about it today. Read it here.
Then I started thinking...Hey, wait a minute! I never "double buy" anything...I never clicked on "buy album" if I already had 4 or 5 of the songs...do you? I just buy the remainder of the songs at 99cents each.
Hey! I think they are just trying to get me to buy more songs!
Ya think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, yes please buy the Johhny Mathis Christmas CD. Your house is my favorite for Christmas! I can't wait to Christmas this year to see all your amazing decorations again.

Brent said...

If you already have a couple songs, you should be able to save money on the rest by purchasing the album over buying the remaining songs individually.
For example, Kelly Clarkson will only cost me $8.01 to complete the album, but would cost me $9.90 to buy the rest of the tracks by themselves.
Does that mean I am going to complete my albums? Probably not, but it might be worth it.