Tuesday, March 6, 2007

I heart Allison

Allison spent the last two weeks in Kenya...I picked her up at the airport yesterday afternoon and was delighted to be able to hear about the Kenya experiences over her traditional "post-international flight" dinner at Chipotle. This was her fourth trip to Kenya and as far as she is concerned, the best one ever. She has posted a few pictures and will continue to post stories as well on her blog. If you have a chance, check it out! You will be encouraged.
"No better way to spend your time."
You know that Allison is my daughter, but, for so many reasons, she is also my friend. She is one of those people that everyone wants to be around. She is full of life, happy, encouraging, friendly, hilarious, can quote movie and song lyrics like no other, and can do uncanny English, Scottish, Irish and African accents. She can tell (and write) a story which graphically gives a description and feeling of being there to the recipient. She is a gifted ministry leader to junior high girls and is passionate about helping them feel GREAT about themselves and what God has planned for them. She loves to travel, loves to shop, loves a good meal, loves to watch TV and has a contagious, out-loud laugh that brings joy to my heart. Did I mention she has an incredible singing voice as well? Oh yeah! Allison is one in a million. Truly. I am so very proud of who she is. And I admire her so much.
For years I have had people ask, "How can I get my daughter to turn out like yours?" Honestly, there is not a greater treat for a mom than that. Except maybe having her for a daughter.

2 comments:

Allison said...

oh...you're nice...thank you for this.

also, tonight i was a terrible small group leader, I fell asleep!

Julie Hibbard said...

Jet lag!! International traveling gives you WEEKS worth of excuses for being exhausted, for having to go home early, and for over-sleeping in the morning!