Thursday, March 22, 2007

In retrospect, the best vacation ever...

In the Summer between my freshman and sophomore year, my family (mom, dad and FOUR younger sisters) set out for Montreal, Canada in a motor home. From Orange County. I bitched and moaned and complained the entire five weeks, mostly because I was away from my friends and was unable to blow dry my feather bangs.
But it did not take long for me to realize it was TRULY the trip of a life time. The highlights included:
Twenty Seven states and Canada
Yellowstone National Park and "Old Faithful"
The Grand Tetons in Jackson Hole Wyoming
Devil's Tower (of Close Encounters fame)
Mount Rushmore
Montana's Big Sky
Niagara Falls
The Statue of Liberty
Graceland
The Mormon Tabernacle
Brice Canyon
The Grand Canyon
A HUGE DiLallo Family Reunion in Montreal
This was the trip that brought us
*My first attempt at "mixed tapes" consisting primarily of John Denver, The Eagles, Peter Frampton and Supertramp's Breakfast in America.
*The KOA poopida song
*Crazy Horse Campground water slide injuries
**and, the day my mother threw a book at my sister, Gina. (A DiLallo legend!)
There are HUNDREDS of pictures of this trip. Unfortunately, they are all slides. Let me know if you want to come over to my mom and dad's to see them all projected onto a hanging sheet. Seriously, when my sisters and I get together to watch these, we laugh hysterically and have the most incredibly vivid memories of that spectacular trip.
Except, of course that we missed our friends, had dirty hair throughout the trip and spent 5 weeks with each other in a motor home...
Actually, that really was the best part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you ever want to get the slides turned into digital photos, I have the name and number of a guy that did some for my parents! It sound slike such an amazing trip! :)