(even on Labor Day)
- Working gives me a sense of purpose. I know that I am good at what I do and that I am appreciated for my contribution to the collective success of Montage. I feel like I make a difference and help people succeed every single day. I am able to use my gifts and talents, my energy and personality...and nothing feels quite as good as something thanking you for helping them.
- I LOVE the people I work with and look forward to seeing them--and they look forward to seeing me too. Deep into my 8th year at the hotel I know just about everyone in the building--guests and associates alike! I LOVE to walk down the hall and say 'Good Morning' to each person I see--calling them by name--and have them smile with joy feeling recognized and appreciated! I LOVE when someone says, "Hello Julie!"
- It keeps me healthy! Besides having great medical and dental insurance provided through my workplace, much of my job requires running around, climbing stairs, lifting boxes. The other aspects of my work require being able to think on my feet, problem solve and put out fires all day long! My mind and body are kept active every single minute of the workday! Oh--and I get to enjoy a delicious (and free) lunch in our well-stocked cafeteria each day too!
- I am not dependent on anyone else financially and I know how hard I have to work to make ends meet! There is value in every cent that I earn and because of that, I am frugal and wise in my spending. I am proud to be able to support myself, pay my bills, run my household and enjoy my life because I choose to get up, take a shower and go to work each day. I like being independent, self sufficient and knowing that I am not a burden to anyone.
- Working full time keeps me organized at home. Knowing I am looking at six days straight beginning today, I took the time to make sure my house was in order over the weekend. All my suits are cleaned and pressed and my work shoes are polished and ready to go. The laundry is caught up, sheets are back on the bed, even my mending is finished. I grocery shopped yesterday morning and all my meals are planned and prepped for the upcoming week. With everything in order--even the gas tank filled--I am ready to start the week and give my whole mind to my job. As much as I LOVE working...there's nothing better after a long, hard day than coming home to a neat, organized home...and having dinner ready!
I know I will!