Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I've been searching so long...

So here's the deal...
I'll admit...I am searching...I'm hoping...
And I am OH so ready...
I am looking for a long term commitment.
Yes, I'm putting it out there...I am!
I'm not sure exactly what I want, but I definitely know what I don't want.
There's absolutely gotta be that 'this is it' chemistry!
But, let's be honest, at this point in life, I'm really just looking for comfortable, beautiful (inside and out) and peaceful...
(ok, and a few more things...)

Of course I have my list of necessary criteria.
Yes, an actual checklist.
I've worked long and hard on a list of 'must haves', 'can't haves' and 'would be nice ifs...'
But (you know, it is true)...the really good ones are taken.
Sure, once in a while even one of THOSE becomes available...but they're very quickly snatched up.

Can I be transparent here? Yes, some look really GREAT on the outside, but are really 'not so great' on the inside...On the other hand, many are not necessarily attractive to look at, but on the inside (if I get that far), they're truly amazing! I am left to wonder, "What can I live with?"
And, so, I start to let a few things slide...and again, at this point in life, I understand that 'compromise' is probably inevitable.

Truth is, I'm often disappointed within just a few minutes. Admittedly, I'm kinda impatient and a little bit stubborn and I (think I) know exactly what I'm looking for! To take it one step further, I admit that I'm not very good at seeing potential. If I don't feel the chemistry--pretty much immediately--I get out quickly.
I have to feel it. I just do!
Still, I must admit, I always get very excited about the prospects of a new one...

And so I'm shopping around.
Yep, there are so many choices. I am looking for all the good stuff, but not ignoring flaws.
And trying hard not to be too picky!!
I'm learning to be patient and, deep in my heart, I know the right one is going to come along.

Cause you know me, I fall in love fast. And often, when I find myself saying, "This is it...the one I've waited for!" I soon find out...yep, no longer available.
Seems like there is always someone else who has more to offer. Or I'm just a bit too late.
Not meant to be, right?

I'm not giving up...they say there's another one around every corner!
And I know the right one for me is out there! How great will that be?!

Yep, I am in the market to buy a new home.

Wait...what did you think I was talking about?

2 comments:

TSHarrison said...

I hear this place might be available: 1000 Elysian Park Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Wanna go halves-ies?

PETE Di LALLO said...

Good thinking Trevor,
I bet you can get a good deal on that old ball park...