Saturday, April 2, 2011

...but the good news is...

So I went on a date this week.
From the time we met at the restaurant to the time he walked me to my car was exactly 45 minutes. This is {for those of you taking notes} a new record me, beating ‘Brad from San Diego’ by 15 minutes.

He was very nice, but, well, for several reasons, no thank you.

However, he is a Patron salesman. Yes, he sells Tequila for a living. I do have standards, you know.

And, as we walked to my car, he gave me this. (see photo)

He tried to give me a kiss too, but I ducked out, quickly grabbed the bottle and got in my car. (I took the leftovers from dinner too, of course.)

{be sure to notice the price...}

http://www.1-877-spirits.com/spirits/patron-gran-platinum-tequila

I laughed out loud in the car as I was quickly reminded of why I don’t date.

And, of course, why I do.

6 comments:

Matty said...

Back in my dating days, I remember ending a few dates early too because I knew she wasn't for me.

TSHarrison said...

If a $269 bottle of tequila doesn't win hearts then no wonder I'm still single. I've been giving my dates Capri Suns.

Rachel Marie said...

When am I coming over for margaritas?

Zuzana said...

This made me smile.;) These are the moments that spice up our life and make us laugh.;) Even if they feel anything but fun when they are happening, they make us chuckle as a fun memory.;)
And I love tequila - shots or in drinks.;)) Enjoy a good Margarita even for me.;))
xoxo

That One Girl said...

Holy moley!! I think the most expensive thing a first date ever got me was flowers!! LOL I'm going to have to show this to hubby... tell him he better step up his game!! ;-)

rph said...

Julie can I get his number, jk but that was funny. I have 3 reasons why i don't date.